After a long week, it is good to have some time to reflect and review some of the highlights on fulfilment best practice – and to contemplate how they could help your business to enhance customer experience, strengthen brand loyalty and to drive online sales!
Best practice fulfilment highlights from around the web:
- WISMO (Where Is My Order) calls can comprise a significant volume of all calls, and this will only increase as Christmas approaches. Here are some four simple ways to improve order tracking usability and help your online customers to help themselves.
- For online retailers looking to move into pop-up shops, concessions or own stores, here are 5 tips to consider for moving off line and into the physical world.
- While ‘bricks and mortar’ can be used to fulfil or deliver customer orders, there is a challenge as to how to stay ‘on brand’ vs. providing a collect from store service, or expecting a same day delivery for their online order.
- DPD and myHermes Parcel Shops join together to offer ‘Homecall Returns’, a new returns service for UK retailers and their customers: create a return online, print label and drop off at the nearest ParcelShop.
- This really resonated with with me: a short explanation as to why a spec (or specification) is essential to ensure that one gets what they want. Whether it’s a new ecommerce system, new packaging, new warehouse or a new carrier – a clearly written specification saves everyone a world of pain (and time and money) later on.
That’s all folks.
Have a great weekend!
If you found this Weekly Round-up useful, then please feel free to share it. [hupso]